Quarterly report pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d)

Subsequent Event

Subsequent Event
6 Months Ended
Jun. 30, 2016
Subsequent Events [Abstract]  
Subsequent Events


Subsequent Events



CRG Litigation:  On July 13, 2016, a hearing was held in The District Court of Harris County, Texas with respect to the aforementioned Application for Temporary Injunction.  At the conclusion of the hearing, the Court ordered the parties to mediation and stayed any ruling on CRG’s request for injunctive relief until after a mediation has been completed.  On July 20, the parties participated in mediation but were not successful in reaching an agreement. On July 20, the parties participated in mediation but were not successful in reaching an agreement.  On July 29, 2016, the Harris County, Texas judge recused herself from the case, citing inability to be impartial.  A new judge was appointed on July 29, 2016.

On June 28, 2016, Navidea won a TRO from the Franklin County, Ohio court, allowing the Company to receive 50% of the receivables due from Cardinal Health, with the remaining 50% to be placed in a court-controlled escrow account until the Texas Court has ruled.  On August 1, 2016, Navidea successfully negotiated a revised TRO, allowing the Company to receive 75% of the receivables due from Cardinal Health, with the remaining 25% to be placed in escrow until the escrow account reaches $1 million, after which 100% of payments are to be made to Navidea.



Platinum Waiver:  The Platinum Loan Agreement includes a covenant that results in an event of default on the Platinum Loan Agreement upon default on the CRG Loan Agreement.  As discussed above, the Company is maintaining its position that CRG’s alleged claims do not constitute events of default under the CRG Loan Agreement and believes it has defenses against such claims.  The Company has obtained a waiver from Platinum confirming that we are not in default under the Platinum Loan Agreement as a result of the alleged default on the CRG Loan Agreement and as such, we are currently in compliance with all covenants under the Platinum Loan Agreement.



Section 16(b) Settlement: As previously reported, in August 2015, a Navidea shareholder filed an action in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York against two funds managed by Platinum alleging violations of Section 16(b) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, in connection with purchases and sales of the Company’s common stock by the Platinum funds, and seeking disgorgement of the short-swing profits realized by the funds (the Litigation).  The Company was named as a nominal defendant in the Litigation.

The Litigation was resolved on the terms set forth in a settlement agreement (the Settlement Agreement).  The Settlement Agreement was subject to a pending joint motion for approval.  The Court approved the settlement on Friday, July 1, 2016.  In accordance with the terms of the Settlement Agreement, Platinum agreed to forgive interest owed on the credit facility in an amount equal to 6%, effective July 1, 2016.  In addition, Platinum assumed the obligation to pay the legal costs associated with the Litigation.



Additional Investments in MT:  In December 2015 and May 2016, Platinum contributed a total of $200,000 to Macrophage Therapeutics, Inc.  MT was not obligated to provide anything in return, although it was considered likely that the MT Board would ultimately authorize some form of compensation to Platinum.  As such, the Company recorded the $200,000 as a current liability as of June 30, 2016 pending determination of the form of compensation.

In July 2016, MT’s Board of Directors authorized modification of the original investments of $300,000 by Platinum and $200,000 by Dr. Goldberg to a convertible preferred stock with a 10% paid-in-kind (PIK) coupon retroactive to the time the initial investments were made.  The conversion price of the preferred will remain at the $500 million initial market cap but a full ratchet will be added to enable the adjustment of conversion price, warrant number and exercise price based on the valuation of the first institutional investment round.  In addition, the MT Board authorized issuance of additional convertible preferred stock with the same terms to Platinum as compensation for the additional $200,000 of investments made in December 2015 and May 2016.